Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chattanooga Day 1

Last week, we got to take a vacation to Chattanooga! We were out of school for Easter break, and my friend Ginny invited us to go visit her old stompin' grounds. Ginny has two boys, Ben and Jon, who are great friends with my boys. Her brother and sister-in-law live in Chattanooga, and they have two children close in age to our children.

Hannah went to stay with my mom for the week (I will post about that later), and we crowded into the van and headed for Tennessee. When we got there, it was snowing!

We got to stay in a house that was built in the 1800's. I had a great time seeing where a bathroom and kitchen had been added, hearing about how the confederate and union soldiers had watered their horses in the spring behind the house, and even knitting in the front room (while imagining that someone hundreds of years before had knitted in that very room... perhaps while keeping watch for indians!)


Sarah and Olivia (Ginny's neice) outside in the snow

Will catching snowflakes on his tongue!The boys had a great time playing with the castle and action figures. Above are Jon, Josh, and Rob making their silly faces.

Sarah and Olivia outside playing on the mountain that rose sharply from the backyard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen y'alls kids before. I want pics of the old house.

You didn't go to Lookout Mountian?
How could you go to Chatanooga without seeing the Cravens House?!?

Glad you had fun. You've got my feet itching. Now that I have the go-ahead to hit the road without my husband I'm planning all sorts of road trips. Humm.. I hope he doesn't read this and shut me down! He'd let me go anywhere I wanted as long as I collect signatures while I'm gone. You ready to take a canoe trip at Tishomingo?

Christy