The last time I posted, I believe we had recently adopted Kayleigh and I mentioned that we were all going to school... even me to get certified as a teacher. Because going into details would be exhausting for me to type and boring for anyone to read, I will stick to the short version:
- Andrea came back to our home for several months and then was adopted by a family who lives elsewhere in the state. She is now doing great and just graduated Kindergarten!
- All the kids (even Will) went to school and loved most things about it.
- Hannah has had 2 hip surgeries and tonsils removed in the last 14 months.
- We have had some CRAZY goat adventures around here... Definitely will be recorded into its own post soon.
- I didn't get a job teaching in 2015. Instead, I spent a year as the Director of Wellness and Industrial Relations for Baptist Hospital... Lessons learned as a wellness director should be its own post!
- In August of 2016, Kayleigh started Pre-K at EU and I started my first year teaching at the age of 40. My subject area for the first year was 6th grade English. This put all seven of us at the same place... at last! Rantings of a first year teacher will DEFINITELY be its own post, but I am not sure when. I just found out that I will NOT be teaching ELA again, and I am still trying to embrace this opportunity to be humbled.
- Scott began pastoring (in addition to teaching and coaching) at a nearby church, Parks Baptist. It is such a joy to hear him preach regularly again, and we are enjoying getting to know our new church family. I have written this countless times, but I really do mean it (as I always do)... I am going to start blogging regularly again. I want to include sermon notes each week to help me remember things. It's not that I think anyone reads this, but more because I like it as a scrapbook with lots of pictures. It's fun to go back and remember all the craziness of life. BUT, getting older and the regrets and sadness that come with looking at photographs is a post of its own also.
- Finally... MY BABY GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL 2 WEEKS AGO!!!!!!! This will ABSOLUTELY become its own post, with lots and lots of pictures of graduation and her family crawfish boil to accompany it.