Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Night Lights

The dawgs lost tonight to the formidable Shannon... 42-14. We were actually pretty pleased with this, however. Shannon is a great team, and we are small and slow. The boys played hard and the defense did well for what they were up against.

Tomorrow we have our last cross country meet at Tippah Lake north of Ripley. This is my favorite course, because it reminds me of my home course when I was in high school. I have made a bargain with the runners... if one of the teams wins their category, I get to jump in the lake. I am not too terribly worried, because I think Saltillo will be there. BUT... I did just pack a towel and change of clothes.

In cross country the scoring is like golf; the lowest score wins. The runners are given a number as they finish, and the first five numbers from each team are added together to make the score. In cross country meets the winner is often determined by the 4th and 5th runners. Many teams will have a couple fast runners, but it is a challenge to get 5-7 fast runners. Tomorrow I think this will be the case. I am confident in our first 3 girls, but if our numbers 4 through 7 can hang and work with the pack, we might pull it off!

No comments: