Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Finishing Up...

Well, I hope you have had a wonderful 2009. It has been a good year, and the Lord's faithfulness has been in abundance. There are so many things to be thankful for! It seems like only a short time ago that we were all scrambling around preparing for the end of the century and possible doom! Here we are, about to enter the second decade of the new century!

I just went back and read my goals for this year... I am laughing at my miserable failure, and I am resolving to not make public any more resolutions!

Instead, I will quote the last verse from a hymn which expresses a lifelong goal/resolution:

Chosen, not for good in me,
Wakened up from wrath to flee,
Hidden in the Saviour's side,
By the Spirit sanctified,
Teach me, Lord, on earth to show
By my love, how much I owe.
~Robert Murray M'Cheyne

No comments: