Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Interview!

Well, I am 33 years old and just had my first official job interview! I have had several jobs in my lifetime, but they have always been through word of mouth or on a volunteer basis. This was the first time I have ever had to dress professionally, sit at a conference table, and answer questions like, "What is your philosophy of coaching?"

For those of you who don't know, I turned in my resume to for the cross country coaching position at Blue Mountain College. The current coach is moving, and he asked me if he could recommend me as his replacement. Scott and I felt that because this was something that seemed to come out of nowhere... and because of the current insecurity of his job situation, I should at least apply for the position. I sent in my resume, and a week or so later, Scott found out that "pink slips" are really pink! (Although he was asked to turn in his resignation b/c he wanted to stop coaching, there is now a different teaching possibility nearby.)

ANYWAY...The interview went well; I did not say anything immensely goofy or do anything ridiculous! Whew, thank goodness! Who knows what will happen with either of us at this point, but we are trusting in the Lord's provision and sovereignty.

Now, we just have to wait... and wait... and wait... I think it will probably be 3-4 weeks before I hear anything. I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Just a question, if you do this would you still coach the Spartans?

Elizabeth said...

When I heard the BMC coach was quitting, I thought of you immediately! I am glad he recommended you. I look forward to seeing how God will work through you both as you rely on Him. Love you both!