Friday, June 24, 2011

Life on the farm

When my mom comes, I think she finds humor in the fact that her city-raised daughter is now THIS person...


Oh yes, that's me... Counting, watering, and feeding our 46 meat birds... In pj's and rain boots... Who would ever have thought...


Contrary to my little red friends, my laying hens, these meat birds stink and are nasty. BUT grass fed organic chicken is worth it! Sarah has really done most of the work with this batch, though... We know why farmers had so many kids!


Luke and Frizzie enjoy supervising morning chores...


My little friends usually come to the back porch during this time as well... Hoping for some breakfast scraps!


Back in the house, we got to a slow, summer morning start.


The kids all LOVE Sammy, my mom's teacup Yorkie...


Frizzie was not so sure if Sammy was friend or rodent... Finally, she decided friend!


Meanwhile, Bandit was patiently eyeing Sarah's cereal...


It paid off...


While Frizzie was checking out Sammy and Bandit was sneaking milk, Luke was just happy to be in the house.


This is how he smiles at us!



1 comment:

Amongchosen said...

Looks like a GREAT chicken tractor. I'd love to see it in action. I bet these birds will be better than the last. You look so cute in your moo-moo. Let us know when you all are ready to kill, we don't want scheduling conflicts of the same time! LOVE that smile!