Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


There were many activities planned for Thanksgiving at the campground. We began the day's festivities with crafts! The campground owners had paper plate turkey kits for everyone. Mom had gotten some pilgrim hats for the kids- Sarah and Hannah are wearing theirs!

Later Thursday morning I decided to try my hand at running up the mountain again. Scott joined me for the first 1.5 miles, and headed back down for a total of 3. I kept on going (with less walking this time!), and made it to mile 3.5. The trees had thinned out a bit, and mossy rocks covered the mountainside. The trail began to run alongside a stream, and then came to a point where you had to cross a waterfall on a tree that had been turned into a bridge. At this point, I decided to turn around. I was getting a little paranoid about being eaten by a bear, and I wasn't sure if Scott would come that far looking for me!
Josh and dad enjoying a game of chess

Mom with Evelyn and Levi- I don't have many pictures of my mom, b/c she always had the camera!

When I got back, it was time to start cooking. Our family was bringing sweet potato casserole and Granny's Mac N Cheese to the Jellystone Thanksgiving Pot Luck! Mom made pumpkin pie and green beans, and Hillary brought corn salad.
The kids painting rocks

At 2:30, we headed over to Yogi's Theater for an outdoor Thanksgiving dinner!
Everything was delicious- See, Scott made a happy plate! :)

After dinner and clean up, we went back for Candy Bar Bingo and Karaoke!
Mr. Landry, the owner, was the bingo caller.

Will and my mom opened the show with "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town," Evelyn sang a sweet verse of "And Can it Be," and the girls' and I performed "Girls Just want to have Fun."

Yes... you understood me correctly- I did karaoke. I can not sing or carry a tune, but I love my Sarah Duley... and she really, really wanted to get up on stage. (I did make sure that Sarah had the microphone, and I tried hard not to sing directly into it!)

While we were at Karaoke, the boys left us and went to watch some Yogi Bear cartoons in the outdoor theater.

It was getting colder and colder, and we saw snow flurries before we headed back to our cabins for the night!

No comments: