Thursday, March 19, 2009

This week

What a fun spring break week we are having!

Monday night was a real tall treat... literally! The boys and I got to go see the Harlem Globetrotters with two friends of mine, Meagan and Savannah. The boys (esp. Will) were captivated. They couldn't believe the antics like pulling down shorts at the free throw line and making backwards shots from half court! After the game, we went down for autographs and got to meet "Skyscraper." Hmmm... I wonder why they call him that...?! We are all standing on the same level here! He is 7'3"! That's like if Josh stood on my shoulders!

Today we got a special delivery.... 10 chickens... and a free rooster! Hooray, I am officially a farm wife, too! Will named his chickens Zelda and Big Mama... "after you, mom!"... "Thanks, Will!" We think that it was probably Big Mama who gave us our first egg this afternoon! Hannah named hers Nancy, Bess, and George (after Nancy Drew characters). Sarah has picked Pertolet (I am not sure about spelling) because we think that was the name of the favorite wife of Chanticleer. Sarah is still thinking about her other names. Josh named the rooster Chanticleer, and we are hoping that he doesn't get taken off by a fox! (or dog, or cat, or raccoon, or opossom, you get the point!)

The big question is, "How in the world are we ever going to know which one is which?" The girls want to use different colored toenail polish, but that means that I am going to be the one applying the polish... I am not so sure about this idea! Some friends of ours put glitter glue on theirs, and I am thinking this sounds a good deal less risky than painting the toenails of chickens!!!!


Josh-ism: Hannah tells him that he can pick the name for the rooster, and he replies, "hmmm... is it a boy or a girl?"

Sarah's comment for the week: We were discussing a field trip, and Sarah said, "It's too bad we don't have a school bus sitting around in our yard like a lot of people do... we could just take that."
Wow... a statement that gives away her surroundings! :)

1 comment:

Roan said...

This post is cracking me up! I was just cleaning out my email inbox and found an email you sent me a while back that I intended to respond to......sorry I didn't get back to it. I will try today!
Enjoy your weekend!