Saturday, November 22, 2008

this week

Well, this week was spent catching up on "normal" things, but that didn't include blogging! We are having Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year, and I spent most of the week completing little projects that only get done if you are having a party... you know, cleaning the individual leaves on the silk tree, finishing a roman shade, making slip covers, etc.

I still intend to post feast pictures, because I got some good ones. However, we are at my mom-in-law's house and I am without my own computer. They live on the gulf coast of Mississippi in a little town called Kiln. (Home of Brett Farve, football fans!) It is about 10 minutes away from the beach, and very close to good, fresh shrimp! Shrimp pasta, fried shrimp, shrimp gumbo, and best of all SHRIMP PO BOYS!!! Scott's step-dad does his best to make sure I get my fill when we come down here, and he usually succeeds in sending me home about 5 pounds heavier than when I arrive.

This morning we went to the library and to the new exercise trail. The local news station was filming a piece about "Let's go Walkin', Mississippi," and a lady asked my mom-in-law to come and bring the kids. We got filmed trying out all of the equipment, Hannah and Will got interviewed, and then he got a cute shot of everyone walking up to the camera saying, "Let's go walking, Mississippi!" It will air on Thanksgiving day here, so Kay will record it and send it to us. How fun!

For dinner we went out to eat seafood, and I got my fill on shrimp for the trip!

We leave early Tuesday morning, and then it will be finishing up Thanksgiving preparations!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Mmmmmm! I love shrimp too! I hope we can see yall soon!

Liesa said...

HI HEATHER. I LOVE YOUR NEW BACKGROUND. IT LOOKS SOOOO HAPPY!!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME AT YOUR MOM IN LAWS. HOPE YOU AND YOURS HAVE A VERY BLESSED THANKSGIVING!