Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Another type of new addition...

We have thought about becoming foster parents and adopting for years.  In fact, I think I even posted about us applying to be foster parents just before I was approached about coaching for BMC.  When I decided to take the coaching job, we put fostering on hold.

The Lord has kept bringing this up before us, and most recently we felt like the timing was right.  In March we got another application packet and began working on it.  During the month of April we went to certification classes, and things have just now come together at the end of June.

We got a call a few days ago, and we will be getting our first placement tomorrow!  Because of privacy issues, I really can't say much about it all, but she is a beautiful 12 month old girl, and we are all looking forward to meeting her.  

We haven't had a baby in our house in a LONG time, and we had way too much fun in Wal-Mart last weekend!
 I think we have most everything we need... I am sure I will remember things forgotten as we go, but I at least have the basics.  So many people offered to help by loaning us a crib, high chair, and other things... It was touching!
 Baby K comes tomorrow at 3:00, and we can't wait!!

1 comment:

Candy Barr said...

What a blessing! I guess it may be a while before you have any free time to post pictures of your new daughter! Your home sounds so loving, she is really lucky to have found such a nice family to grow up together with.